Graham (Grazer) Sanders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNotts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm just beginning to plan a new army that I'll be building over the next 12 months or so. It will be a Ravenwing force comprising entirely of Jetbikes and regular Bikes (obviously a big restriction on myself, but fluffy).

My question is, what is the best way of getting anti-tank into a force like this?

I know that multi-meltas are an option on the Jetbikes, but the tanks you need melta to deal with usually have Armoured Ceramite.

Is melta-bombing the only other viable way of getting decent anti-tank into a list like this?

Thanks!

Graham.
  • DanielEr likes this
30k Death Guard 30k Space Wolves 30k / 40k Squats (count as IG or Imperial Militia)
40k Tyranids 40k Eldar

#2 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

Javelins with missiles or lascannons

Regular land speeders with hull mounted graviton gun

Various fliers such as the classic tank buster the Primaris Lightning strike fighter or the Xiphon

#3 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

^This.
'Let us speak now of the death of kings...' - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!' - John Milton, Paradise Lost
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#4 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,372 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lightnings are the nuts. I have two and they always do the business when the arrive. I've started only taking 2 pairs of Kraken missile though. I generally bring them on, fire their 4 missiles and they die in the next turn of shooting, after they've dropped a Spartan each or whittled down the wounds on a titan.

They also look very cool.

For my Wolves pale hunters list I'm adding 5 standard speeders with Grav, due to the loss of dreads in pods. For 55pts a pop I think they're pretty good value.

I will mag multimeltas for a bit of extra AT or stick with Heavy Bolted for some rear rhino and troop action.

#5 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

What Mike said. The Primaris is evil.

Mike do you chose anything for the last option on the wings? I also tend to take 2x2 kraken missiles, but also add in phosphex bombs as the last option. It makes the lightning a prime target/fire magnet for the opponent, and if it survives it still carries a threat (and it is less expensive than the kraken)

#6 Graham (Grazer) Sanders

Graham (Grazer) Sanders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNotts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the comments!

I have previously run a Lightning and also Melta/Graviton 'Speeders in a Space Wolves list, so I'm looking to go a different way with these Dark Angels.

Is Melta bombing from the Outriders sufficient anti-tank, in your opinions?
30k Death Guard 30k Space Wolves 30k / 40k Squats (count as IG or Imperial Militia)
40k Tyranids 40k Eldar

#7 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,372 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

What Mike said. The Primaris is evil.

Mike do you chose anything for the last option on the wings? I also tend to take 2x2 kraken missiles, but also add in phosphex bombs as the last option. It makes the lightning a prime target/fire magnet for the opponent, and if it survives it still carries a threat (and it is less expensive than the kraken)

I was tempted With 2 sunfury missiles to hit whatever gets out of the blown up vehicle and also all is have to do is paint the missile noses a different colour rather than have to add different looking bombs on the bottom. Chances are, I'll just leave them without a 3rd option.

#8 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,372 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the comments!

I have previously run a Lightning and also Melta/Graviton 'Speeders in a Space Wolves list, so I'm looking to go a different way with these Dark Angels.

Is Melta bombing from the Outriders sufficient anti-tank, in your opinions?

Depends if you play 1 grenade per unit rule. We don't, so outsiders with melta bombs could be effective.

#9 Dougie

Dougie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

Would outriders armed with plasma be any good? Building some now. Cheers

#10 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Would outriders armed with plasma be any good? Building some now. Cheers

I run six in my Chogorian Brotherhood White Scars, they tend to kill anything they're pointed at. Have to outflank with them though, riding up the board usually nets them an early doom.

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

#11 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

They're fairly easy to mag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users